Join Our Team
Grow With Us
At Island Market, we are more than just a grocery store.
We believe that our employees are our greatest resource and are treated with the utmost respect.
It is important for us to foster an environment for personal and professional growth.
We believe in providing a fun and engaging shopping experience and a work environment for all to enjoy.
We are looking for friendly people to join our team!
A family of grocers devoted to the time-honored tradition of connecting our community, one bag at a time.
Our 5 Guiding Principles:
– Greatest Place to Work
– The Friendliest Place on the Island
– Dedicated to our Community
– Committed to Environmental Responsibility
– Promotionally Exciting
We look forward to working with you!
*See position descriptions below
We are seeking a friendly, reliable and customer-focused individual to join our team as a Cashier. In this role, you will be responsible for processing transactions accurately and efficiently, while providing exceptional customer service. Full-time and part-time positions available. Must be available to work evenings and/or weekend shifts.
Pay is starting at $18.00/per hour.
Front-End Team Lead
We are seeking a motivated and experienced individual to join our team as a Cashier Team Lead. In this role, you will assist the Front-End Manager oversee the front-end department, provide leadership to the cashier and courtesy teams, and ensure the smooth operation of the checkout process. The ideal candidate will have a strong customer service background, excellent communication skills, and the ability to lead by example. Qualified applicants will have at least 1-year of experience in a similar environment. 1-Full-Time position available. Must be available to work evening and/or weekend shifts.
Pay is starting at $20.00/per hour.
Deli Clerk/Hot Bar Cook
We are seeking a skilled and passionate individual to join our team as a Deli Hot Bar Cook. In this role, you will be responsible for preparing and cooking a variety of deli items, including sandwiches, salads, soups, and hot entrees. The ideal candidate will have a strong culinary background, excellent attention to detail, and a commitment to delivering high-quality food and exceptional customer service. Full-time position(s) available, must be able to work evening and/or weekend shifts.
Pay is starting at $20.00-$25.00/per hour, depending on experience.
We are seeking a talented and enthusiastic individual to join our team as a Barista with Bakery Responsibilities. In this role, you will be responsible for crafting delicious coffee beverages and providing exceptional customer service, while also assisting with bakery operations. The ideal candidate will have a passion for coffee and baked goods, excellent communication skills, and a strong work ethic. 1-Full-time position available and must be available to work weekend shifts.
Pay is starting at $18.00/per hour.
Produce Manager Job Description
Supervises, administers, and coordinates activities of the Produce Department. Supervises employees; responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Other duties may be assigned.
- Guides and directs team in the development, production, promotion, and sale of Island Market’s products and services.
- Directs the preparation of short term and long range plans based on Island Market goals and growth objective.
- Maintains a sound plan of department organization establishing training to ensure adequate management development and to provide for capable management succession.
- Develops and installs procedures and controls within the department to promote communication and adequate information flow.
- Establishes operating policies consistent with Island Market policies and objectives and ensures their execution.
- Evaluates the results of overall department operations regularly and systematically and reports these results to the main office.
- Ensures that all organization activities and operations are carried out in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations and laws governing business operations.
- Determines work procedures, prepares work schedules, and expedites workflow.
- Issues written and oral instructions daily.
- Assigns specific duties and examines work for exactness, neatness, and conformance to department and company policies and procedures.
- Studies and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency of co-workers.
- Maintains harmony among workers and resolves grievances.
- Adjusts errors and complaints of co-workers and/or customers.
- Assists others in performing duties.
- Follows all Island Market Safety procedures.
- Performs any and all other assigned tasks.
- Understands this job description cannot contain all aspects of the position but it is a fair and just representation of the duties.
Job Qualifications / Required Skills / Key Competencies
- Minimum 3 years Retail Produce Management experience
- Ability to calculate discounts and percentages
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Self-starter and manage time wisely
- Organizing and Planning
- Good analytical & organizational skills
- Excellent English communication skills (verbal & written)
- Regularly exposed to dust, odors, oil, fumes and noise
- Exposed to a combination of office and store environments
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend, and lift objects of up to 50 lbs
Pay is starting at $80,000 annual salary plus quarterly bonuses, DOE
Competitive wages, including summer bonuses.
Premium pay for nights and weekend shifts.
Opportunities for growth.
100% premium paid medical, dental, vision and life insurance policy for full-time employees. We offer two different medical plans to choose from, including an HSA that Island Market contributes to each pay period.
Discounts for gas through Island Petroleum Services.
Discounts available at Orcas Island Fitness Center
Store charge account with payroll deduction and an employee-only Loyalty Point Program that earns points for future purchases.
401k Opportunities with Nationwide.
Supplemental Insurance Policies through Colonial Life.
Annual Paid Membership to both Airlift Northwest and Island Air Ambulance that covers your household.
Paid Time Off
Paid time-off program that increases with tenure and hours worked.