Thank you for your interest in becoming a part of the Island Market Team!
Island Market is looking for great people to join our fun and fast-paced market, which is also a community hub. We are one of the largest employers on the island and offer year-round, full-time employment.
Join our team!
Be a part of the friendliest place on the island and the greatest place to work. We place an emphasis on our community and being environmentally responsible. Our store is known for promoting fresh, local and new products.
– 100% PAID Medical, dental, and vision insurance for full-time employees
– 401k plans
– Paid time off program
– Discounts on gas and med flights
If you are passionate about people, food, and our community we want you on our team.
Fill out an application below, or download an Island Market Employment Application and drop it by our customer service desk, or mail it to our store at:
PO Box 186
Eastsound, WA 98245
WE ARE HIRING ALL POSITIONS
Assistant Produce Manager:
Works in conjunction with the Manager to supervise, administer, and coordinate activities of the Produce Department. May supervise other employees; responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
Fully qualified candidate to possess:
• 3-5 years in a similar work environment
• 5 years of supervisory experience preferred
• Ability to calculate discounts and percentages
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Self-starter and manage time wisely
• Organizing and Planning
• Good analytical & organizational skills
• Excellent English communication skills (verbal & written)
• Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend and lift objects of up to 50 lbs
Benefits package includes 100% premium paid medical, dental, vision and life insurance policy after eligibility waiting period.
Competitive management level pay DOE
Position open until filled.
Store Administrator :
Never thought about working for a grocery store?? Maybe you should! Island Market is looking for an Office Administrator to oversee the business office and store administration needs. We are looking for an outgoing, positive person who want to make a difference in the community by helping oversee the accounting, payroll, human resource, and management practices with a small team in the business office.
Relocation assistance available.
As the Store Administrator for Island Market you will be primarily responsible for the administration of the entire store including the business office which oversees human resources, payroll, AP/AR, store tills and receiving liaison.
Qualified candidates will possess:
- Preferred business degree in accounting or 7 years experience
- Supervisory/Leadership skills required
- Knowledge of GAAP
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Knowledge of payroll, clerical, human resources, business and management practices and procedures
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Strong management and customer service skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Experience in a similar environment
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Self-starter and manage time wisely
- Excellent English communication skills (verbal & written)
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Competitive wages; range dependent on experience
Full Benefits package